Wednesday 27 June 2012

Railsea - China Mielville

'On board the moletrain Medes, Sham Yes ap Soorap watches in awe as he witnesses his first moldywarpe hunt. The giant mole bursting from the earth, the harpoonists targeting their prey, the battle resulting in one's death and the other's glory are extraordinary. But no matter how spectacular it is, travelling the endless rails of the railsea, Sham can't quite shake the sense that there is more to life.'
It tool me a while to get into the language within this book as it is written in quite an interesting style. I like it a lot and the author has created a very interesting world and characters - it feels incredibly believable. I am halfway through the book so far and the narrative is beginning to speed up a little which is good, I want to know what happens to the characters that I have met so far...a good sign.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/may/23/railsea-china-mieville-review

No comments:

Post a Comment