Wednesday 14 March 2012

What are you reading?

Slated-Teri Terry

'Kyla's memory has been erased,
her personality wiped blank,
her memories lost for ever.

She's been Slated.

The government claims she was a terrorist,
and that they are giving her a second chance -
as long as she plays by their rules. But echoes of the past whisper in Kyla's mind. Someone is
lying to her, and nothing is as it seems.
Who can she trust in her search for the truth?'


I thought that this was a really interesting concept for a book and that teenager readers would love the ideas, it reminded me a lot of the book 'Unwind' By Neal Shusterman. I liked the way that it linked in with the unrest and criminal riots that took place in the UK over the summer months and how a coalition government might deal with this type of situation if it had continued. When I reached the end I wanted to find out what happened next, which is a sure sign of a good book and I am sure that there will be a sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment